Resources

Friday, June 15, 2012

Solar panel ecapsulation


  • ‎: Solar Panel EVA Encapsulation :
    So, I was struggling with the idea of encapsulation for the solar panels I'm making. Encapsulation is need to eliminate condensation from moisture, corrosion of wiring and early deterioration of your cells. There is ton of information out there about different methods but the best method I've found, and the type of process used by solar panel manufacturers, is using sheets of EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate). The problem is that the process requires a vacuum and a large oven to make things bind together properly. What layman can afford a vacuum table/box and who has an oven big enough to hold a solar panel with 36 3X6 cells. I found these links where a guy had an awesome method of creating a vacuum and an oven for the process. I don't like the oven idea and I'm going to try to create a solar hot box instead, but check these links out for this guy's ideas. It's really smart.
  • Go to the resources tab for the links under "Solar Cell Encapsulation"

No comments:

Post a Comment